The Chickpea Blondies we made in our video on Monday turned out great! In fact, I am eating one right now:) I opted to leave the coconut flakes out, as I don't really like them, and added extra cinnamon. They turned out very moist, not too sweet, and the sprinkles our little lady added to the top were the perfect finishing touch:)
To be able to enjoy 5 weeks of amazing, healthy, easy to make recipes like this, join my 30 day online "Your Best Life" program starting Monday, June 5 (the link is in the comments). You will also learn a wealth of other naturopathic focused health related information that I share to the group.
Here's the recipe:
Coconut Chickpea Blondies (Servings: 16)
• 3/4 tsp Coconut Oil (to grease the pan)
• 2 cups Chickpeas (cooked)
• 1/2 cup Almond Butter
• 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
• 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (I used 1 tsp)
• 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
• 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
• 1/4 tsp Baking Soda• 1/3 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (plus extra for garnish) (I left this out)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and brush a baking dish with coconut oil (use an 8x8 pan for 16 blondies).
2. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Spread the batter evenly into the pan. (The batter will be very sticky, so brushing a spatula with coconut oil first will help.) I added a bit of coconut milk to the batter because I thought it was too sticky, but I think I had to bake it a bit longer because of that. Sprinkle extra coconut over the top and press in gently.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are slightly browned. Let cool for 20 minutes, then cut into squares.
Dr. Jennifer, ND