A high protein breakfast is a great way to start your day! The whole concept of a sweet breakfast was propagated by the cereal industry in the 1950’s, but it is not the healthiest way to start your day. A high carb meal digests quickly and produces a spike in your blood sugar. That can cause you to feel tired and hungry soon after.
A high protein breakfast helps to combat that as protein takes longer to digest, and keeps you feeling full longer. Eggs (if you can tolerate them) are a great way to incorporate protein into your breakfast. I am a big fan of bakes like this because a bit of effort one day can allow you to be prepared for several mornings. All you have to do it reheat, and you are ready to go!!
For more ideas on how you can incorporate more protein and healthy fats into your meals, you can check out my new cookbook, “Your Best Life”. To purchase an electronic download, click the link below.
Feel free to share this recipe with anyone else you think will enjoy it!!
Broccoli Feta Egg Bake
• 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
• 4 cups Broccoli (cut into florets)
• 6 Eggs
• 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or other alternative milk)
• Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
• 1 tsp Nutmeg (or other spices of your choice)
• 2/3 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled) (or non dairy cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil.
2. Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli florets and cook until bright green (about 5 mins). Transfer cooked broccoli to a cutting board, dry with a paper towel and chop finely.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg or any other spices you like. Next, stir in broccoli and feta. Mix well.
4. Pour mixture into baking dish.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Enjoy it while it is hot! If you aren't eating it right away, let it cool and store covered in fridge.