It’s that time of year where the weather is getting cooler, the leaves are falling and warm and cozy comfort food is on everyone’s mind. What better way to celebrate fall than with a delicious and nutritious soup recipe that not only satisfies your craving for comfort foods, but also nourish your body as well? This recipe is one of my favourite and I hope you enjoy it as well!
12 Garlic (cloves, peeled and trimmed)
1 Yellow Onion (large, roughly chopped)
1 head Cauliflower (sliced into florets)
3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
1 1/3 tbsps Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Sea Salt
8 cups Kale Leaves (packed)
3 3/4 cups Organic Vegetable Broth (divided)
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Arrange the garlic cloves, onion and cauliflower on the baking sheet. Drizzle with half of the olive oil, Italian seasoning and salt. Using your hand or a spatula, toss until vegetables are evenly coated in the spices. Roast for about 40 minutes or until very tender and caramelized, flipping halfway through.
3. When vegetables are just about done, heat remaining olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the kale and 1/2 of the vegetable broth to the pot and cover. Let steam for 2 minutes, or until kale is wilted and tender.
4. Add the roasted vegetables and remaining vegetable stock in with the wilted kale. Bring soup to a gentle boil then remove from heat.
5. Puree soup in batches in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
I love sharing recipes like this with everyone, but especially with my Faster Way to Fat Loss participants where we learn to eat well and with balance (sometimes instead of Kale we have doughnuts!). If you want to learn how to eat well while enjoying the foods you love and still lose weight, join me for my next round of Faster Way to Fat Loss on November 5th! Click the button below to learn more!